Job ID (Job Ref. No.):
Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper
Cedar Rapids, IA
21 Jul 2017
No. of positions:
Associate's or Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience Accounting principals and Journal entries knowledge required
Primary role & responsibilities
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain the annual budget.
- Collect and Maintain time records for employees.
- Manage Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliations of every bank account(s).
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all Client/Vendor accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Maintain petty cash fund.
- Issue financial statements.
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Process payroll in a timely manner.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Strong administration skills
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility and willingness to learn, to enjoy working with people tact and diplomacy
- Good administrative skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
Perks and Benefits:
- Full time employment
- Opportunity To Work With Global Clients
- Open and flexi-work culture
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- Long Term Disability benefit
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Selected candidate to join ASAP within a week or two.
Interested candidates should apply immediately with an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com